Black Mountain Academy is the ideal setting for young men to learn, grow, and excel in a quiet, home-like environment. Our specialized boarding school for boys becomes a safe place for them to practice and reinforce the skills they need to return home, engage in jobs, and pursue higher education.
The Black Mountain Academy staff is equipped to support residential life in a way that enriches the student’s educational and therapeutic goals. Our clinical and academic teams work collaboratively to plan in the moment experiences aimed at reinforcing social communication skills, self-awareness, healthy lifestyle choices, and self-reliance. Our caring team seamlessly integrates clinical and individualized goals for every student into daily living and weekend experiences.
Residential Life Goals:
- Implementing personal goals with the support of staff
- Practicing friendship
- Utilizing executive function and life skills in the daily routine
- Implementing self-care through good hygiene, organization, and diet
- Relaxing and having fun
- Creating space to recuperate from the school day
- Pursuing personal interests